Saturday, September 25, 2010

Split Personality

My name is Lea Nance and I have split personalities. Not medically speaking, of course but figuratively. Why do I say this? Well, I have a confession to make. I love to read. Actually I am quite addicted to reading. I fall asleep almost every night with a book on my chest. I take books with me in the car and if they are really good, I read them at stop lights. Some people have recently signed a petition to not text and drive but I should probably sign a “no reading while driving” petition. I think reading is fundamentally important to my life and I think it actually helps define who I am as a person. Great, you say...but where is the other personality? Well, that would be in the fact that now, as a college student, I have to read copious amounts of informational text. Don’t get me wrong, I like to learn and many of the books are very useful to me. But oh how I struggle to put down my latest find to pick up a book for a class. In each short, sweet break from one semester to the next, I cram reading into every corner of my life. I go to the bookstore and buy discount books just to try them out. And I fall in love over and over and over again. With strong women, and romantic (sometimes sparkly) men.
I love kids books and teen books and I can't get enough of my favorite authors. So, yes in the middle of yet another crazy, hectic and mind-numbing semester I am reminded again of missing my true love. Having an affair on my true love with the ten plus books I have to read for school. Don't worry, my love, I promise to return to you as soon as possible......

No comments:

Post a Comment