Saturday, December 18, 2010

Tis the Season....


I ADORE Christmas. I love it so much. The food, the family, the gingerbread houses, the tree, the presents. And the Christmas Eve candlelight service. I haven't gotten to go to one in several years, but I remember as a child loving them. It is something my mom used to take me to. I would get goosebumps.

This year I think I will start a tradition of sitting all the kids down and reading the story of the birth of Jesus Christ. I also want everyone to start wearing Christmas PJ's, but I ran into a few snags this year. So that will start next year.

Cookies for Santa, Reindeer food, hot cocoa...Clark is 3 this year and I think he is really into the whole thing. I can't wait to see him.

What special traditions does your family have for the Christmas season?

I struggle every year with being an adult that can't yet afford to do as much as I would like. I mean, we do the most for our kids of course and then each other. But I feel bad that our parents are so good to us and we can only afford to get them a few things. I try to make them special and thoughtful, but I wish I could do more. I really, truly love GIVING just as much as getting. I love to see the look on the face of someone I love when they open up something I have picked out for them, or that my kids have made them.

So, my next question...how do make Christmas as special as you can while still saving money?

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment