Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Start of Something New...


This is it! My first day to blog. I have been thinking about this for quite awhile, but didn't feel that I had anything truly newsworthy to blog about. I still don't really, but I thought I would give it a try. I am starting two new things in my life, and this blog will be the story of my Journey. My Journey along a moss covered path towards a future I myself am still unsure of. Here are my new projects. I have decided to start leading my family to a simpler way of life. I am a country girl at heart. I prefer a good pair of jeans and cozy, soft sweater to any dress or suit. And while I like my jewelry, I go most days without makeup. This suits me, and luckily it suits my hubs. I am setting out with a goal to change the way we eat and live. My husband and I enjoy spending time together hunting, so this process is not new to me. I will however be adding in the adventure of gardening and canning/preserving as much of our food as possible. (It is my goal to prove to my hubs that he could move me to all the land I want with all the animals I want...and I could survive). When I tell him now that I want to get chickens and cows and pigs...he just says "NO". Well, actually he says more than that, but I thought I would keep things clean at first. Next, I am starting the Love Dare. I am so excited to begin this and I am anxious to see how my hubs reacts to things. So that is it. I will fill you in on more about myself later (I'm sure we have plenty of time). But for now, I will leave you with this....yesterday I went to get my son out of bed from the nap he never actually took. I found him with nothing in the bed, completely naked!!!! Two years old and already getting naked in bed. Note to self, consider grounding him from 13 on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment