Saturday, August 27, 2011

Art, Art and more Art....

So, my kiddos and I have been working diligently on a project or two around the house! And I am excited that now I can post a pic of one that is finished.

And it turned out AMAZING! It was so much fun and I love that we honestly worked on it for like five days! And we had all the materials on hand already so it cost nothing, but even if you bought stuff it wouldn't be that expensive.

We did a Batik on a sheet. We are going to hang the sheet from a line between two trees to be the backdrop for our outdoor stage. I have to do some rearranging of the area before I take pics of that part though. So, here in a serious of pictures is what we did...

Skylar adding Glue.

You need to make sure you use the Gel Glue...


Clark adding glue...this was also a good motor activity to help him strengthen his hand muscles.


This is our sheet after we have added the glue...

We let this dry over night....then the next three nights we added watered down acrylic paint. I just took all the bottles that I had from other projects (which was alot) and poured them in cups and added water....mixing until they were very runny like water. Then we just went out and poured them on. We only did 3 or four colors a night so that we could see how they ran and dried. Then the next night we would know where we had white spots.

This is what it looked like after all the nights of adding paint!

The next step after all the paint was dry was putting through the washer with HOT water. That will dissolve all the glue and leave those spots fresh and white! It looks awesome, but I want to show it to you in it's full glory. So tomorrow when I get it hung up I will take more pics and show you!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. how fun! I have been seeing quite a bit of batik Art & am itching to do it myself. I never have, Can't wait to see the finished product.

    Would love for you to share on The Sunday Showcase Child Centered Linky Party (open thru Thurs.) http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great, easy project! And I love the idea of an outdoor stage!

    Gillian from Baby Talk without the Babble

    ReplyDelete