Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes....

Things are changing up in here. And I L.O.V.E. it! I am in need of some change.

Nothing major mind you.

Some new arrangements. Some new colors.

What's a girl on a strict budget to do?

Time to get creative...

How about new window treatments?
These are actually hand towels that the hubs grandma hand embroiders for us every Christmas. I just can't bring myself to use them as hand towels though. So with the sewing help of my mother in law and a nifty idea from this lady
www.flowerpatchfarmgirl.blogspot.com I was set to go.
It was her napkins on those cute little clips that inspired my idea. The designs on them are lighthouses, which I love.

Next, I was inspired during a trip to Hobby Lobby to spend a birthday gift card. In the clearance isle I found an empty picture frame-no back or nuffin. For F.I.V.E bucks! I've been looking for awhile now for the perfect cross to hang in my house and I still haven't found the ONE. I was hoping to find a cross that I could hang inside the picture frame. But alas, I still didn't find one. That is when I thought of my entryway and how much I loathe it. So, I got the frame and bought a wooden letter "N". I knew I would have the perfect paper at home to cover the letter and I am going to place that N inside the frame. So, I moved out what was in there and changed it all around. I added the picture frames I have of all my kids that spell out their names in funky, cool ways and I have to say....It's my new favorite thing in my house! Check out the before/after...
Oh, I do love it so!

Next, the hallway which I need to re-do because I took two of the frames off that wall to move them to the entrance. I still want a wall of photos so now I just need to add some photos!

Right now it looks like this, minus those two long black frames...

I have some big plans for some other rooms too, but they will have to wait! What's going on around your house?

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that idea for using your precious embroidered gifts in an everyday way. Looks great!

    Visiting from RSDOI and the 'Happiness Is' hop. Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower who is looking forward to reading your posts. Happy Thursday! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to put those gifts to good use instead of just having them collect dust in a drawer somewhere. They'll make you smile everyday. And great job using your clearance find to spice up a boring spot in your home--I need to be that bold. I found a mirror at a yard sale for $1 and just bought it in hopes of doing something that creative! Thanks for the inspiration and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete