Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Confessions...

Usually I try to make my Friday Confessions a mix of funny and crazy things I have done throughout the week. Just to help everyone feel better by hearing that I too, do these insane things. But this week, well today in particular, I have a very heavy heart. My mind is cloudy and pictures of what I want to say are coming through as if they were in a crystal ball. Not quite clear enough to help me form the words I want to say.

So here it is, my confession in all it's fuzzy glory-

I AM NOT PERFECT!

Shocking, right? But then again, I never claimed that I was perfect. So why did I spend more minutes than acceptable in my office crying today over the opinion, and I do mean opinion, of someone I don't even know? Why did I allow the words spoken to affect me so? Why did that person have to be so mean? Why couldn't they accept what I was saying and know my sincerity? Why couldn't that person understand that I had a moment of weakness and I have said my peace with the person that it directly affected?

And better yet. Why is it considered acceptable for people that don't even know me to group me into a category that I don't go in. Just because they think they know me. Just because there is a surface knowledge. There is no way they can know what events have made me who I am. I don't assume to know who they are. I just don't understand why people today want to create more drama than there already is in the world.

The simple fact of the matter is: I did the best I could. That's all anyone can ask of me or anyone for that matter. The best I could. And then I apologized that my best wasn't perfect, it wasn't good enough. I said sorry. Before even confronted....so why now does it need to be dredged up again?

What I didn't say was that I could say the same about you, person. That I too have "heard" things. I too, have an opinion even though I don't know you. But, I didn't call you and express my opinion of you. I didn't call and ruin your day. I didn't make you feel worthless for doing your best and it not being good enough. And I didn't cross the line into someone else's business that wasn't even my own. I didn't make idle threats and tell you how you should have handled things. But, if I had, I would have accepted your damn apology.

The End.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry! I hate mean people. Mean people who think they know what they're talking about, but in reality, don't. Mean people who think they have the right to control everyone.

    Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete