He does finally stumble into the living room to turn on cartoons for the boy. 30 minutes later, asleep again, I hear "mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy" so I am trying to get the husband to get up again before the boy actually wakes up the baby. No such luck! So it's 7 I've had no sleep and I have two very awake children and 1 snoozing husband. Yay Me!
I get all the kids out to the living room so that Sleeping Beauty can get his sleep (lucky him). I make a little
A little later after I had
I start to think of others ways they are like dogs. I start a little Top Ten list in my head.
10. They both wag something when they see you coming. For little lass it's her arms. She just gets so excited and starts waving her arms around like windmills.
9. They both whine and stay up all night when you first bring them home.
8. It takes patience and dedication to potty train them.
7. Sometimes, that potty training lends itself to little "accidents".
6. They start out needing us a lot and then move to needing us less and less.
5. They like to play fetch. Except babies like to be the one throwing the object.
4. They chew on things.
3. They like to sleep in your bed.
2. They can always find the one teeny tiny speck of trash/food/dirt on the floor.
1. And the number one way babies are like dogs....You can't help but love 'em!
Here's a pic of little Lexi at the Dr. this morning totally rockin' the jean skirt look! She's just the happiest little baby, even when she doesn't feel good.
You can find me linked up here today for Bee Friendly Friday!