Saturday, July 16, 2011

To Etsy or Not To Etsy...

That is the question!

I love Etsy. I love knowing that I could create things that others might possibly want to buy. I love the creativenes, the searching, the finding. All of that.

Do I love it enough to spread my wings and jump off the bridge?

Where on earth would I find the time?

Would it be worth it?

Could I ever make enough money to warrant the time and attention I would have to put into it?

So many questions! I am thinking about opening an Etsy shop and I am so unsure!

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

That is all. Goodbye.

4 comments:

  1. I say do it! Jump in and do it. If you have a craft it probably deserves to be shown to the world. :) You'll never know if you don't try it. That's what everyone tells me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopped by from the Say Hi Sunday..you should check out artfire.com and see the prices are better than etsy to start a shop. Following you. If you can stop by www.familystitchery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I can't help you out with that one. In anything you do it's going to take time to get it off the ground and running. Is it a passion? If it's not in your heart it will end up becomming more of a chore and headache more than anything.
    Do some poking around other blogs/communities and gather info.
    ~ Mona : )
    Mona’s Milestones
    If you get a chance, please stop by and vote on “How do you promote your blog?”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lea,
    Thanks so much for your kind words about my painted porch floor!

    In addition to my new-ish blog http://thisdarlinghome.blogspot.com/ I also have an Etsy shop that is just over a year old http://www.etsy.com/shop/DarlingGirlPaper

    Though having an Etsy shop is personally rewarding, it is a lot of work! It's a lot to get going and establish yourself in an online marketplace (and Etsy is getting very crowded lately) and it's very time consuming (I also have a full time job and a hubby to spend time with). But I love that I get to be creative and make a little extra money on the side :)

    If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to drop me an email!

    ReplyDelete