Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Anniversary....


The perfect day was finally here. My wedding day to the love of my life.

David and I have known each other since the sixth grade. In my little fantasy in my brain, I actually remember saying "I'm gonna marry that boy someday". But, I don't think I really did. I first saw him jumping off this HUGE cement block in front of the school. He was doing some very impressive karate move. Super cute. I won't say we were friends. We never "went together", or anything like that. Until high school, when a mutual friend of the families set it up for us to both help a family that needed help. I was to watch their son and David was to take care of their horses while they were out of town. It was winter and we were at the Winter Dance at school. He asked me to dance, we talked about the fact that we would probably see each other...

One day at the house he came in for a "drink", very smooth! He kissed me, the nerve of that boy! But, then he asked me out on a date. He picked me up, we went to a movie (Wayne's World). Oops, I just seriously gave away how ancient we are. We shared Starburst...still one of his favorites. And Skittles, still one of mine. He paid. It was great. The rest of the night was mostly uneventful, a girl never kisses and tells!

We were friends after that, we spoke at school, we hung out sometimes...never ever went on another date. We danced at dances, proms, etc...then we graduated. Married other people. I had a daughter...

We each found ourselves single again, years later and we found our way back to each other. The rest, as they say, is history.

I have always loved him. Ever since that first dance. He was an only child, like me. Cocky and very sure of himself. He exudes charm and sucks you into his very being. Well, maybe that last part is just me. He is a great man, a good, decent, well raised man. He protects me and our family. He comforts me, holds my hand, and my very favorite thing about him...he will stop our moving car and get out to help little old ladies with their groceries! I am completely smitten!

Tomorrow will be our four year anniversary. It has been so wonderful to be married to my best friend. To see my daughter have the dad she deserves. To see my son, so much like his dad, grow into a little man with his own amazing personality.

I will take time tomorrow to sit back and appreciate all that I have. To thank God for giving me more than I could have ever imagined. And tell my hubs, Thank You for being the best Husband a woman could ever ask for.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww...what a SWEET, wonderful, heartwarming story. Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete