Monday, April 11, 2011

Last, but not least....



To wrap up my series on little miracles....I bring you Alexandra. In just 3 1/2 short days she will be 6 months old. Six months? Did I just write that? Where has the time gone? I regret that I spent some of it in a daze due to my struggle with exhaustion and depression. I feel extremely lucky that I recognized what was happening fairly quickly and got help. I can honestly say that my relationship with her has not been affected. I have cherished every moment of her sweet six months. But, I know I would have taken more pictures and written more down if I had been more "with it".




What I can tell you is this. She has personality exuding from her every pore. She is happy and smiling the minute I wake her up in the morning. She reaches for me when I walk towards her (I don't remember the other two doing that). Her face lights up when she sees anyone she knows. When she sees a stranger she looks to me first to see if it is ok to smile...but then she always gives 'em a smile.



She was a starving newborn, she was my smallest and she lost weight in the hospital. She couldn't get enough milk, she literally was attached to me constantly. But, when the time came she made the transition from breast to formula like a champion. She gobbles her homemade baby food like she is in a pie eating contest. There hasn't been a food yet that she hasn't liked. I am so happy that I made the decision to make her food. It has been very rewarding for me.




She has found her voice. She chatters like a teenage school girl. And the BEST part of my day is our car ride in the morning and in the evening when she sings along to the radio. I wish I could record it, I swear she is singing. Presh!!!



I can't get enough of her kisses and she can't get enough of mine either. I know this because when I say "I'm gonna kiss you", she opens her mouth and sticks her face out to me. Proof! She takes up the whole bed when she sleeps and she has been sleeping on her tummy for a while now. She is a thumb sucker (my only one) and I think she is going to be left handed...that is the only thumb she will suck.



I think she is going to be a genius and I am pretty sure she is a very visual person. She watches people move across the room and she "predicts" where they will be next if they walk behind something. It's too soon of course to foresee what life will hold for her. I do know that she is loved and cherished. Not just by me, but by all of us. Even Clark likes her, for now at least. We'll see what happens when they have to start sharing a room.

No comments:

Post a Comment