Wednesday, April 27, 2011

When It Rains....

When it rains, it pours. Well, around here we can take that literally and figuratively. It's been a rainy week. Hail the size of golf balls and bigger in some parts. Flooding. Torrential rain. Even on Easter. So that is the literal part.

Here is the figurative part.....

Last night, I opened my water bill. Normally, $25 bucks a month, tops! This month...$133.75!!!! WHAT???? Can anyone say water leak? We have yet to figure this one out.

Last night, 2 out of 3 of my children kept me up all night with their coughing. No other symptoms. No need to pay a copay to hear "there's nothing you can do but let it run it's course". Just coughing. All. Night. Long.

So I took the big kid to school-early mind you, for state testing. Took the baby to the sitter. Came back home to get just a little more sleep.

Woke up to a refrigerator that isn't working. Warm fridge = smelly kitchen. Ugh!

Spent two hours cleaning out fridge and freezer, packing things into the deep freeze, and packing things into cooler to take to the in-laws. Takeing the doors off said fridge to move it to the garage, then moving helping it into the garage. Now I have this...

And this...

Of course, I also now have a nice clean kitchen floor since I used this opportunity to steam it. Now my hubs will probably "break" the fridge all the time so I'll clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment