Sunday, April 10, 2011

Little Miracle #2....



My planned miracle...Clark, named after Superman.



What can I say about Clark? To know him is to not only love, but adore him. He is amazingly imaginative and adventurous. He has not been afraid of anything since the minute he was born. We should have named him Peter Parker because he can scale anything just like Spiderman. His first word was "up". I mean what baby says "up" before any other word?

He never stops moving. Even in the womb he never stopped moving. Now when he sleeps there is always something "twitching" a finger, a toe, his lips. I used to tell the Dr. he had to get him out of me because he was bruising my insides. He was a very strong mover and kicker. I enjoyed every second of being pregnant. And I knew that it was a boy, I just knew it. We actually got to have a 3D ultrasound done with him and it was so miraculous to get a glimpse of him in there.



Clark has the attention span of a much older child. When he is engrossed in something, there is no stopping him. This is also where is imagination comes into play. He is always re-enacting things, making up stories, and acting things out. His toys are his world and to him they are truly alive. He got a Woody doll from Toy Story for Christmas when he was 2 1/2...later I snapped a picture of him feeding him hot dogs.



He is going to be 4 in May and I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. He started pre-school this year and he has gotten so mature. He picks up on the things he does at school so quickly. He loves to be read to and he loves for me to sing to him at night. He is stubborn. So stinking stubborn. He is the exact replica of his father (even though his father refuses to admit that he acts that way).

He is in the "why" stage of life. He probably says why about 48 times a day. My favorite part is that when I can't think of an answer to his why anymore...I always say "hot dog on a stick" and he stops asking why. Right now, he wants to be a Dr. when he grows up. He likes his Dr. because when you take Buzz and Woody to the Dr. with you, this Dr. examines them first. Clark thinks he is awesome. I can see him as a Pediatrician maybe. He would really relate to his patients.



But I will be happy no matter what he becomes as long as it requires that he wear clothes. That's the other thing you have to know about Clark. He loves to be naked and getting him to keep his clothes on is like running a marathon. Mostly, Clark keeps me laughing and entertained. He says really funny things. Granted sometimes they make me think "what in the world goes on in this boys head?" But I wouldn't trade one minute of it, and I can't wait to see where life takes him. I'm just along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment